Loan Modification

Home 9 Loan Modification

Loan Modification Services

Homeowners that fall behind on their mortgage payments should consider applying for a Loan Modification. A loan modification, if approved, may be able to help a homeowner catch up on his mortgage payments, avoid foreclosure, reduce his mortgage payment, lower his interest rate, and possibly extend the term out to forty years.

In some cases, you may even be able to reduce the principal amount owed on your home. Often, a loan modification is preferable to bankruptcy when dealing with mortgage arrears.

The attorneys at John W. Lee, P.C. can help you obtain a loan modification for your existing home mortgage.

We Offer a Free Initial Consultation for Loan Modifications!
In Most Cases, We Can Open Your File and Get Started for a Low Fee

A loan modification is like a refinance in that it can reduce the monthly payment and interest rate. In most cases, to qualify for a refinance you need good credit; but a person can still qualify for a loan modification with bad credit and missed payments.

Some of the qualifications for a Loan Modification may include:

  • You must be delinquent on your mortgage payments or be facing an imminent default;
  • Your existing mortgage should not have already been modified three or more times;
  • You have suffered hardship, including loss of job, death in the family, serious illness, divorce, etc…;
  • Your existing mortgage is over 12 months old;
  • You have not failed a Loan Modification Trial Period in the past 12 months;
  • Your mortgage is not in an active, performing forbearance plan;
  • You now have sufficient income to afford a new, modified mortgage payment;
  • Your mortgage is not subject to an approved short sale or Deed-in-Lieu;
  • Second homes or investment properties must be at least 60 -90 days delinquent to qualify.

To apply for a loan modification, you will need to provide the lender with several documents, these documents may include the following:

  • Two years of tax returns;
  • Recent paystubs or proof of income;
  • A budget or income and expense sheet;
  • Evidence of financial hardship;
  • Recent bank statements;
  • Evidence of other household income.

You are not required to hire an attorney to apply for a Loan Modification; in fact, many people are able to obtain a Loan Modification without counsel.  However, like anything, hiring a professional could give you an additional advantage and increase the likelihood of successfully obtaining a Modification.

Our attorneys can help you navigate through the loan modification process. If your application for a loan modification is denied, we can help you decide what your next steps should be. Dealing with mortgage companies and loan modifications can be difficult and frustrating. We can help you determine the right course of action, and if appropriate, assist you with the modification process. The lawyers at John W. Lee, PC have been assisting people with financial problems for decades. We have helped thousands of people avoid foreclosure, garnishments, and repossessions through the bankruptcy process.

If a loan modification is not a good fit for you and your family, we will discuss other options you may have with regards to getting your mortgage back on track. The Law Offices of John W. Lee, PC are located in five Hampton Roads cities – Hampton, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, and Newport News. Call 757-896-0868 to schedule an appointment with one of our lawyers today. You should try to bring as many of the above-mentioned documents to the Free Consultation as you can.